Get Your Free QDRO Guide Today
The United States Department of Labor has published a guide called “QDROs: The Division of Retirement Benefits Through Qualified Domestic Relations Orders”. You can view the guide here. It answers basic Qualified Domestic Relations Order questions, such as:
- What is a QDRO?
- Who can be an “alternate payee”?
- What information must be included in a domestic relations order for it to be “qualified”?
- Who determines whether a domestic relations order is a QDRO?
- Will a domestic relations order fail to be a QDRO solely because of when it was issued?
- What are the duties of a retirement plan administrator upon receipt of a domestic relations order?
- What disclosure rights does an alternate payee have under a QDRO?
- What happens if a plan is terminated?
- Why is an understanding of the type of retirement plan important?
- What are survivor benefits?
- When can the alternate payee get the benefits assigned under a QDRO?
- What is “earliest retirement age” and why is it important?
This guide is a great foundation for a basic understanding of QDROs. If you have further questions about QDROs, email QDRO Helper today, call us at 619-786-7376. You can also click here to request a new client packet.